Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner – Curly Girl Approved Product Review
Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner is a fantastic affordable, drugstore curly girl-approved shampoo and conditioner.
After using this shampoo and conditioner once, I noticed a huge difference in my curls. I was left with clean, soft, hydrated, and well-defined curls.
So, if you’ve been interested in trying this shampoo and conditioner duo, this post is for you.
Affiliate Disclosure: “This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
Is Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner Good For Curly Hair?
Are Shea Mositure Daily Hydration Products curly girl approved?
The Shea Moisture Daily Hydration product line is curly girl approved as these products contain NO:
- Mineral Oil
- Propylene Glycol
Is Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Good For Color Treated Hair?
If you have color treated hair, then you’ll be happy to know that Shea Moisture’s Daily Hydration line will work well for your dyed curly hair.
Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Shampoo Curly Girl Review
This shampoo is sulfate-free but still foams up and lathers well so that you get that “shampoo feeling” when you’re cleaning your hair.
The best thing about this shampoo is that it cleanses your scalp and hair without stripping moisture. So, it leaves your curls feeling very moisturized.
The formula is so gentle and hydrating – my 3a 3b curls really love it. My mom also uses it on her 2b 2c hair and she gets the same results.
Even though the formula is gentle enough to cleanse your hair daily, I would still recommend washing your curly hair or wavy hair less often than that. I typically wash my hair once a week.
After rinsing the shampoo, my scalp and hair felt clean and my hair felt very soft and hydrated. I really love this feeling after I’ve cleansed my hair.
So, Is Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Shampoo Good?
Yes, this Shampoo is one of the best affordable, drugstore shampoos on the market for curly and wavy hair. It’s curly girl approved, gently cleanses your scalp and hair well, and leaves your curls hydrated and clean.
Is Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Shampoo Sulfate Free?
Yes, this shampoo is sulfate-free and contains no harsh cleansing ingredients. Its formula also gently cleanses your scalp and hair, leaving your hair soft and hydrated.
Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Conditioner Curly Girl Review
This conditioner is creamy, lightweight, and has a little slip which makes product application and distribution very easy.
Even though it doesn’t have a lot of slip, detangling was very easy for me.
Also, if you love to squish to condish, then you’re in luck because this conditioner will work wonders.
After cleansing my curls with the daily hydration shampoo, I followed the product’s instructions and applied the conditioner to my wet hair from root to ends. Then, I left it in for just 3 minutes and rinsed it thoroughly.
Overall, this conditioner’s formula is very nourishing and moisturizing and leaves my curls feeling soft and hydrated every time. The first few ingredients are very moisturizing and work very well to hydrate your curls and waves.
I noticed a lot less frizz and curl definition after using this conditioner the first time. Every time I use it, I’m confident that I will love my wash day results as it prepares my curls for styling products.
Is Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Conditioner Curly Girl Approved?
Yes, this conditioner is curly girl approved as it contains no harsh or harmful products for your hair and improves the condition of your hair.
So, if your curls are in need of moisture, definitely give this conditioner a try!
Does Shea moisture Daily Hydration Conditioner Have Protein
Shea Moisture’s Daily Hydration conditioner is protein-free.
However, it does contain coconut oil so if your hair is sensitive to coconut oil, this conditioner may not work well for you.
Can You Leave in Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Conditioner?
This conditioner is a rinse-out conditioner and for best results, the recommendation on the product’s label is to leave in the conditioner for 3 minutes then rinse out the conditioner.
If you’re looking for a leave-in conditioner, try the one Shea Moisture has for this line.
Final Thoughts On These Curly Girl Approved Products
As you can tell, I really love this shampoo and conditioner duo and I really can’t believe that I’ve waited so long to try them.
What about you? Have you’ve already tried this duo, let me know what you think of these products in the comments below.
Before You Go, You Will Love These Other Posts For Curly Hair:
- Hairitage Curl Creme – Curly Girl Approved Curl Cream Review
- Aussie Instant Freeze Gel – Curly Girl Approved Gel Review
- Eco Argan Oil Gel – Curly Girl Approved Protein Gel Review
- Kinky Curly Curling Custard Product Review
- Curly Girl Product Review – Cantu Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
- Dippity Do Girls With Curls Gelee Review
- 3a 3b Curly Curly Girl Method Approved Products
- Drugstore Curly Girl Method Approved Products For Wavy & Curly Hair
- Best Drugstore Curly Hair Products
- Affordable Curly Girl Products For 2a 2b 2c Wavy Hair
- Sulfate Free (Low Poo) Shampoos – Curl Girl Method Approved
- Curly Girl Method Approved Conditioners For Hydration & Easy Detangling
- Curly Girl Method Deep Conditioners You Need To Try
- Best Leave In Conditioners For Curly Hair & Wavy Hair
- Best Curly Girl Approved Gels
- Safe Curly Hair Products for Kids
- Ingredients To Avoid For Curly Hair
- Best Curly Girl Accessories You Must Try
- Curly Girl Gift Guide – Get Something On This List For The Curly Girl In Your Life
Important Information To Care For Curls & Waves
- How To Take Care Of Curly & Wavy Hair
- Learn How To Deep Condition Curly Hair
- How To Squish To Condish Wavy & Curly Hair
- Find Out How Often Should You Use Leave In Conditioner
- Can You Put Leave In Conditioner On Dry Hair?
- Find Out What Happens If You Leave Conditioner In Your Hair
- What Is A Gel Cast & How To Scrunch Out The Crunch
- Signs of Moisture Overload & How To Fix It
- Protein Overload Signs & How To Fix It
- How To Fix Wet Frizz
- How To Start The Curly Girl Method
- This Is How To Tell If You Have Naturally Curly Hair – Take the free quiz
- Curly Hair Care Tips & Super Quick Wash Day, Refresh Day Routines For Moms
Dyeing Textured Hair At Home Without Damaging It
Wavy & Curly Hair Routines & hairstyles
- Curly Hair Styling Routine for 3A & 3B Curls
- Wavy Hair Styling Routine 2a 2b 2c Curls
- Curly Hair Winter Routine
- Easy Way To Refresh Curly & Wavy Hair
- How To Style Low Density, Fine Cury Hair
- The Best Way To Define Curls, Make Hair Curlier & Curls Tighter
- How To Grow Curly Hair Faster
- 3 Easy Ways To Sleep With Curly Hair Without Ruining Your Curls