11 Of The Best Leave In Conditioners For Curly Hair 2023
Looking for the best leave in conditioner for curly hair?
I’ve got some great, affordable curly girl leave in conditioners for you to try in 2023.
Affiliate Disclosure: “This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
Why use a leave in conditioner for curly hair?
Adding the best leave in conditioner for your curly hair or wavy hair is critical to having healthy and defined curls.
Not all of these product recommendations are curly girl method approved so if you follow the CG method, please be sure to check the ingredients on the product before you purchase.
Mixed Chicks Leave In Conditioner
Jump starting this list with my favorite leave in conditioner – the Mixed Chicks!
For my curly and wavy curly following the curly girl method, please note that this leave in contains silicone!
I’ve been using this leave in conditioner for years and thankfully, I’ve never really experienced any adverse side effects.
Perhaps it’s because I stay on top of my curly hair care and ensure that I deep condition every week.
I typically use this product for wash days when I’m not layering stylers. It’s a great curly girl product for a one product wash and go.
Aveda Nutriplenish Leave In Conditioner
This spray leave in conditioner is lightweight and has heat and UV protection up to 450 degrees.
This is a great curly girl method product as it is very hydrating and helps to tame frizz, and of course is a heat protectant.
This product is perfect for refresh days as it can also be used on dry hair.
So, for refresh days, just spray some of this product in, re define any unruly curls and you’re done!
Curl Smith Multi Tasking conditioner – 3 in 1
CurlSmith is another one of my favorite brands. This mutli tasking conditioner works as a leave in conditioner, wash out conditioner and deep conditioner.
As a leave in conditioner it adds the right amount of protein and moisture to maintain a good moisture-protein balance.
It also pairs well with most styling curl creams and gels.
Bounce Curl Moisture Balance Leave In Conditioner
Bounce Curl’s leave in conditioner is a very popular choice for many curly girls.
It’s also a great option if you’re following the curly girl method.
This formula is very moisture rich with jojoba seed oil, shea butter and argan oil – just to name a few!
So if your curls are thirsty, be sure to try this curly girl product.
This leave in will hydrate your curls and leave your curls prepped for your styling products.
Curls Blueberry Bliss reparative Leave- in conditioner
Curls Blueberry Bliss leave in conditioner is lightweight and curly girl approved.
It contains no harmful ingredients and is perfect for styling as it doesn’t weigh your curls or waves down.
Camille Rose Coconut water Leave in
This curly girl method leave in conditioner lightweight and moisturizing.
The slip from this product is amazing for detangling and the ingredients work well to leave hair moisturized and hydrated.
Of course, it does contain coconut so if your hair is sensitive to coconut, you should probably skip this one.
Innersense Organic Beauty Sweet Spirit Leave In Conditioner
This curly girl mrthod product is a favorite for many curly girls.
It gives provides some moisture and I find that it works best on fine curly or wavy hair.
My mom has 2b 2c curly hair and this leave in conditioner is perfect for her. It’s light weight and gives her hair enough moisutre.
OGX Restoring + Pracaxi Recovery Oil Combing Cream
This leave in conditioner is so inexpensive and works magic on my 3a 3b hair.
It is not silicone free, so it’s not curly girl method approved.
The consistency is on the thick side and glides through my curls. It is very moisturizing and leaves my curls ready for my preferred curly girl gel.
I pair this with my eco styler gel and the result is always moisturized, defined ringlets, that last for days.
Shea Moisture strengthen & restore leave-in conditioner
Shea Moisture’s Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strenghten & restore leave in conditioner is another favorite for many curly girls.
This brand is great for those following the curly girl method as most of their products contain clean ingredients.
This affordable, drugstore curly girl leave in conditioner is creamy and rich, leaving your hair moisturized and healthy.
TGIN Miracle Repair Protective Leave In Conditioner
This product contains silicones and so it’s not curly girl method approved.
It provides enough slip for easy application and detangling.
This leave in also leaves my hair soft and moisturized and ready for my styling products.
Tre Luxe Untie the Knot
This curly girl method approved leave in conditioner gives a lot of slip and so, helps with detangling.
Some ingredients include coconut milk and coconut oil, so if your hair is sensitive to these, please skip this one.
Before You Go, You Will Love These Other Posts For Curly Hair:
- 3a 3b Curly Curly Girl Method Approved Products
- Drugstore Curly Girl Method Approved Products For Wavy & Curly Hair
- Best Drugstore Curly Hair Products
- Affordable Curly Girl Products For 2a 2b 2c Wavy Hair
- Sulfate Free (Low Poo) Shampoos – Curl Girl Method Approved
- Curly Girl Method Approved Conditioners For Hydration & Easy Detangling
- Curly Girl Method Deep Conditioners You Need To Try
- Best Curly Girl Approved Gels
- Safe Curly Hair Products for Kids
- Ingredients To Avoid For Curly Hair
- Best Curly Girl Accessories You Must Try
- Curly Girl Gift Guide – Get Something On This List For The Curly Girl In Your Life
- 5 Ways To Use Coconut Oil To Transform Curls
- Hairitage Curl Creme – Curly Girl Approved Curl Cream Review
- Aussie Instant Freeze Gel – Curly Girl Approved Gel Review
- Eco Argan Oil Gel – Curly Girl Approved Protein Gel Review
- Kinky Curly Curling Custard Product Review
- Shea Moisture 100% Virgin Coconut Oil Daily Hydration Shampoo & Conditioner Review
- Curly Girl Product Review – Cantu Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
- Dippity Do Girls With Curls Gelee Review
Important Information To Care For Curls & Waves
- How To Take Care Of Curly & Wavy Hair
- Learn How To Deep Condition Curly Hair
- How To Squish To Condish Wavy & Curly Hair
- Find Out How Often Should You Use Leave In Conditioner
- Is Leave In Conditioner A Heat Protectant? Find Out What You Should Use
- Can You Put Leave In Conditioner On Dry Hair?
- Can You Leave Conditioner In Your Hair?
- Find Out What Happens If You Leave Conditioner In Your Hair
- What Is A Gel Cast & How To Scrunch Out The Crunch
- Signs of Moisture Overload & How To Fix It
- Protein Overload Signs & How To Fix It
- How To Fix Wet Frizz
- How To Start The Curly Girl Method
- This Is How To Tell If You Have Naturally Curly Hair – Take the free quiz
- Curly Hair Care Tips & Super Quick Wash Day, Refresh Day Routines For Moms
Dyeing Textured Hair At Home Without Damaging It
Wavy & Curly Hair Routines & hairstyles
- Curly Hair Styling Routine for 3A & 3B Curls
- Wavy Hair Styling Routine 2a 2b 2c Curls
- Curly Hair Winter Routine
- Easy Way To Refresh Curly & Wavy Hair
- How To Style Low Density, Fine Cury Hair
- The Best Way To Define Curls, Make Hair Curlier & Curls Tighter
- How To Grow Curly Hair Faster
- 3 Easy Ways To Sleep With Curly Hair Without Ruining Your Curls