Wet Frizz, Halo Frizz, Hair Webbing – How To Handle Unruly Curly Hair & Wet Curls
Wet Frizz, halo hrizz, hair Webbing….ahhh! Today, let’s get unhealthy frizz under control and learn how to handle unruly wet curly hair.
I’m sure you’ve wondered if the wet frizz you see is normal for your curly hair. The truth is that a little wet frizz is totally normal and ok. It’s pretty common among curly girls and doesn’t always mean that your hair is unhealthy. In fact, a little frizz can even add to the beauty of your natural textured hair.
What is Wet Frizz
Wet frizz as the name suggests is when you experience frizz when your hair is still wet. Your curls don’t clump together and instead, you have strands of hair that dry faster and “fly away”.
The biggest issue with wet frizz is that it will be frizzy when it’s dry. So, while your hair is wet, it’s best to ensure that you use the proper curly girl products to get rid of frizz.
Affiliate Disclosure: “This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.”
What Is Halo Frizz
Halo frizz refers to frizz that only occurs on the crown of your head.
A very easy and quick fix for halo frizz is spray a little water or apply a water with your hands on the frizz.
This can reactivate the products you styled your curls with, or you can apply a little more gel and finger coil the frizzy curls.
What Is Hair Webbing
Hair webbing refers to the way your frizzy curly strands stick or web together when you try to separate them. Hair webbing is ultimately a sign that your hair needs hydration.
What Causes Unruly Wet Frizz
The main cause of frizz is dry, dehydrated hair.
Dry hair tends to be brittle which causes split ends, breakage and of course, frizz.
A few reasons for dry curly hair and wet frizz:
- damaged hair from heat or harsh chemicals
- washing with harsh sulfates
- product buildup
- not following curly girl styling techniques (using a regular towel to dry hair, for instance)
- not protecting your curls while you sleep
How Do You Get Rid Of Wet Frizzy Curly Hair
So, how to fix wet frizz on curly hair?
To fix wet frizz on your curly hair the first step is to hydrate your curls by adding more water to your hair. The easiest way to do this is by using your hands to smooth some water on your hair. Your curls should clump together quickly and you should have little to no wet frizz.
If you’re still experiencing wet frizz, especially at the roots, after adding the water to your wet frizz, finger coil the unruly curly hair.
To fix wet frizz, it’s also crucial that you follow a moisturizing curly girl routine, filled with hair masks, treatments, leave-in conditioners, and curl girl creams.
Use curly hair products with moisturizing ingredients high up on the list, such as:
- cetyl, stearyl and cetearyl alcohol
- shea butter
- aloe vera
Try these tips to hydrate your hair to help with wet frizz:
- Wash with a gentle, sulphate free shampoo or low poo shampoo
- Deep condition every week
- Use an old tshirt or microfiber towel to gently dry your curls
- Layer your curly girl products on wet curly hair
- leave in conditioner
- curl defining cream
- curly girl gel
- sealing oil – seal in the moisture from your products with a sea
Best Curly Girl Products For Wet, Unruly Frizz
These are my favorite curly girl products for wet frizz that help to tame my unruly hair every time. You can easily purchase any of these products on Amazon by clicking on the links 🙂
Olaplex Number 0 and Number 3
It’s a pre-shampoo treatment for damaged curly hair – Olaplex Number 0 prepares your hair for deeper penetration of Olaplex number 3.
To apply these Olapex products on clean, dry hair:
- Separate your hair into two sections
- Saturate Olapex 0 from root to tip with your focus on the damaged areas
- Gently massage the product into your hair before moving on to the next section
- Leave it for about 10 minutes before moving on to Olaplex 3
- Apply the Olaplex 3 to your hair, again, focusing on the damaged areas
- Leave in for about 10 mins
- Wash and condition your hair as usual
Other curly girl products to help fight frizz:
Low Poo Shampoo (sulphate free shampoo) :
- Ouidad Advanced Climate Control Defrizzing Shampoo
- Drugstore Low Poo Shampoo (sulphate free) – OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo
Curly Girl Conditioners
- Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Conditioner
- Drugstore Curly Girl Conditioner OGX Quenching Coconut Curls Conditioner
Curly Girl Friendly Deep Conditioners For Frizz
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque with African Rock Fig & Baobab Oil
- Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Treatment Masque with Shea Butter, Peppermint & Apple Cinder Vinegar
- Drugstore Curl Girl Deep Conditioner – Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate + Shea Butter Hair Mask For Dry, Damaged Hair
Leave in Conditioner
Curly Girl Method Approved Curl Cream
- Cantu Shea Butter Natural Hair Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream – Check out my review of this AMAZING curly girl product!
CG Approved Gel
- Aussie Total Miracle Restoring Oil With Apricot & Australian Macadamia Oil
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum
Wet Frizz On Curly Hair Wrap Up
At the end of the day, some frizz is expected, especially if you’re a curly girl. The key is to ensure that you’re using the best products to fight frizzy and using curly girl techniques to apply and treat your curls.
Try the curly girl method to improve the health of your curly hair and always experiment with curly girl approved products to find the best for your curls.
Before you go, check out these other curly girl posts:
- Drugstore Curly Girl Approved Products
- Best Curly Girl Accessories
- How To Deep Condition Curly Hair
- Best Curly Girl Deep Conditioners
- Sulfate Free Shampoos – Curly Girl Method Approved
- What Is A Gel Cast & How To Scrunch Out The Crunch
- Best Curly Girl Approved Gels
- Signs of Moisture Overload & How To Fix It
- Protein Overload Signs & How To Fix It
- Easy Way To Refresh Curly & Wavy Hair
- How To Start The Curly Girl Method
- Kinky Curly Curling Custard Product Review
- Aussie Instant Freeze Gel – Curly Girl Approved Gel Review
- Curly Girl Product Review – Cantu Moisturizing Curl Activator Cream
- How To Grow Curly Hair Faster
- Curly Hair Styling Routine for 3A & 3B Curls
- Wavy Hair Styling Routine 2a 2b 2c curls
- Curly Hair Winter Routine
- How To Do A Messy Curly Bun In No Time
- Make Your Hair Curlier
- How To Sleep With Curly Hair Without Ruining Your Curls
- Best Drugstore Products 2021
- How To Tell If You Have Naturally Curly Hair – Take the free quiz
- Get Dyed Curly Hair At Home – No Damage
- Best Curly Hair Products for Kids
- Fun Curly Hair Quotes